Hello there! I am so happy that you found me in this wide and wild ocean of a blogosphere! Let’s introduce ourselves.
Who am I?
My name is Marissa and I am a former adult rehabilitation hospital speech-language pathologist (try saying that five times fast!)
I currently live with my husband and our two rambunctious boys on the East Coast, close to New York. However, we have also lived near the beautiful lakefront of Chicago, in the bustling city of Shanghai, and in the quiet suburbs of Indiana (where I grew up).
(We have moved five times in six years and I am so over moving.)
* Obligatory wedding picture with handsome husband. He was born in China, grew up in Germany, has lived in the US for 20+ years, and speaks four languages!
Why did I start this blog?
When I was young, my father had a nickname for me: The Professor.
I loved to read and absorb knowledge and share that knowledge with others. I was pretty much Hermione Granger, except maybe slightly less bossy 🙂
But somehow, despite all that reading, I ended up graduating college without being able to cook a decent meal, decorate my home, keep my family organized, etc. I was book smart but I couldn’t even boil an egg properly!
So I did what any total geek would do; I read, experimented, and learned how to fill in those practical life skills gaps that were missing.
Now I want to help you do the same
If you have landed here, I am willing to bet you have an interest in some of these things as well! If you are passionate about any of the topics I mentioned, I think you will find lots of useful information here!
Here you can find creative homemaking ideas that will help keep your busy family fed, fun, and organized!
Why “Squirrels of a Feather”?
I’m so glad you asked! I chose the name Squirrels of a Feather because the squirrel has always been sort of my mascot.
Squirrels are intelligent. Squirrels are resourceful. Squirrels know how to stash and cache. Also, they are more than a little bit goofy…just like me.
When I was thinking of starting this blog to connect with like-minded people, the saying, “birds of a feather flock together” kept repeating in my head, over and over…and then when I thought of adding a “twist” with my mascot, the squirrel, it all just clicked into place.
Squirrels of a Feather — frugal together! That’s us…you and me!
Where to go from here
Here are a few of my most popular posts for you to check out:
Popular in Recipes
- Spicy Korean Pork Belly Recipe
- Kid Friendly Hidden Veggie Meatballs
- Halloween Giant Cow Eyeball Recipe
Popular in Home
- Easter Find the Bunny Sight Word Game
- Soothing Lavender Earl Grey Sugar Scrub
- DIY Ceramic Chalk Paint Vase
Popular in Organization
- Comprehensive KonMari Checklist
- Declutter Paper Forever with the KonMari Method
- 45 Organization Tools to Tidy Every Square Inch of Your Home
Popular in Blogging
- How My Blog Hit 140,000 Pageviews in Month Eight
- An Honest Review of Restored 316 Themes
- SEO Strategies That Increased My Blog’s Organic Traffic 588%!