These Zombie Gore Guzzlers are the perfect spooky Halloween drink. Made with only four ingredients and no alcohol, this zombie drink is easy to make and great for celebrating with kids on Halloween!
The perfect Halloween zombie drink for families
I love Halloween! In fact, it’s my favorite holiday. I frequently joke that I dress up 364 days of the year and Halloween is when I reveal my true form. 😉
If you are a spooky little girl (or boy) like me who loves Halloween and happen to be looking for a great Halloween drink recipe to share the shivers with your kids, this is the perfect Halloween drink recipe for families.
These Zombie Gore Guzzlers feature chunks of reddish-pink gore globbed grossly at the bottom.
Is it flesh? Is it brains?
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. That means that if you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read more here.
Making this zombie drink
Here is what you need to make Zombie Gore Guzzlers:
- 1 lb ripe strawberries (approximately 2 cups)
- White sugar
- 9 lemons, juiced
- A blender or food processor
This zombie drink is basically strawberry lemonade! You will probably have a decent amount of lemonade leftover after using up the strawberry “gore”, but that is not a bad problem to have.
If you want to make the recipe even simpler, you could just buy lemonade from the store…I DON’T suggest substituting sparkling drinks because the bubbles caused the gore to float, and that was not the look I was going for…if you don’t mind floating gore, you can also give sparkling a try!
How to serve your zombie drinks
Once you have prepared the lemonade and the strawberry puree, it is time to combine the two.
The KEY to this drink is to go very slowly.
How to prepare your zombie drinks:
- Set out all glasses and fill 3/4 full with lemonade
- Scoop out about 1.5 tablespoons of strawberry puree onto a spoon
- Gently lower the spoon with the puree into the bottom of the glasses of lemonade
- Using a second spoon, GENTLY AND SLOWLY scrape the strawberry puree off onto the bottom of the glass
- Serve; allow oohs and aahs of horror and delight to roll in
- Once ready to drink, use a spoon or chopstick to stir up the drink
- Drink and enjoy!
Let me know how you enjoyed your Zombie Gore Guzzlers in the comment section below!
Bonus points if you tell me what you plan on dressing up as for Halloween!
- Edible Giant Cow Eyeball Recipe
- 31 Ultra Spooky Halloween Party Food Ideas
- 15 Stunning Blue Cocktails to Obsess Over Year-Round
- 9 lemons, juiced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 5 cups cold water
- 1 lb strawberries, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp white sugar
Prepare the strawberry puree
- Heat a small saucer over medium high heat. Add the strawberries and the white sugar and stir to combine.
- Cook and continue to stir frequently until strawberries have darkened and formed a thick puree (about 6-8 minutes) and remove from heat to cool.
- When cooled enough to handle, place strawberries in a blender or food processor and puree. When cooled completely, cover and place in the fridge (allow to cool completely to avoid condensation dripping into puree).
Prepare the lemonade
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil and add 1 cup of sugar, stirring constantly until dissolved. Cool completely.
- Place 5 cups of cold water and the juiced lemons in the lemonade dispenser.
- Once the 2 cups water + 1 cup of sugar is cooled completely, add it into the water-lemon mixture. Stir to combine all and place back in the fridge.
Preparing the Zombie Gore Guzzlers
- Set out all glasses and fill 3/4 full with lemonade.
- Scoop out around 1 tbsp of strawberry puree for each of the glasses.
- Gently lower the spoon with the puree into the bottom of the glasses of lemonade. Using a second spoon, GENTLY AND SLOWLY scrape the strawberry puree off onto the bottom of the glass.
- Serve; allow oohs and aahs of horror and delight to roll in. Once ready to drink, use a spoon or chopstick to stir up.
- Drink and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 4gSugar: 33gProtein: 1g